Salted Peanut Bars Recipe
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil, water and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the chips, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies, peanuts and vanilla.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over crust. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff. Spread cereal mixture over top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Bars(5)
Sort By :
Keeper recipe, similar to brownie mallow bars on this site-which I have made a million times. Love the peanutty, salty, sweet, crunchy, gooey flavor-like an upscale fluffernutter. Keeps well in the fridge, easy to take along. Thumbs up from everyone that tried them.
great reciepe....not time consuming
This recipe is a family favorite. When giving recipes to new brides I always include this one and have given it out many times. If you take it to a party or picnic, plan on coming home with an empty plate.
These were great and very easy to make. Everyone just loved them. One additional perk, they freeze beautifully.
I took this to a staff luncheon. By the time I got there, it was all gone. Everyone praised the recipe, but I'm making it again so I can try it!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Rice Crispy Bars >