- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil, water and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the chips, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies, peanuts and vanilla.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over crust. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff. Spread cereal mixture over top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Bars
Sort By :
"Everyone loved these! They are pretty hard to cut when you first take them out of the refrigerator. I let them sit out for about a half an hour and then cut them into the bars. Excellent recipe!!!!!"
"Very good alternative to traditional Rice Krispy treats."
"These are delicious - a bit hit at my son-in-law's B-day party."
"Keeper recipe, I'm not a big marshmallow person but, these are truly delicious. I have made them twice now, the last time I added a few chocolate chips to the top after I spread the peanut butter mixture on."
"Keeper recipe, similar to brownie mallow bars on this site-which I have made a million times. Love the peanutty, salty, sweet, crunchy, gooey flavor-like an upscale fluffernutter. Keeps well in the fridge, easy to take along. Thumbs up from everyone that tried them."