Salted Nut Squares Recipe
A favorite of young and old, this recipe came from my sister-in-law. It's simple to prepare and delicious. There's no need to keep it warm or cold, so it's perfect for the potluck that has you traveling longer distances. —Kathy Tremel, Earling, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:54 servings
- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins, divided
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place half of the peanuts in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter chips over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add milk and marshmallows; stir until melted.
- 2. Pour over peanuts. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC