Salted Nut Squares
A favorite of young and old, this recipe came from my sister-in-law. It's simple to prepare and delicious. There's no need to keep it warm or cold, so it's perfect for the potluck that has you traveling longer distances.
Kathy Tremel, Earling, Iowa
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins, divided
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place half of the peanuts in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; set
- aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter chips over
- low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add milk and
- marshmallows; stir until melted.
- Pour over peanuts. Sprinkle the remaining peanuts. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Cut into bars. Yield: 30 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.