- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins, divided
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place half of the peanuts in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter chips over low heat. Remove from the heat. Add milk and marshmallows; stir until melted.
- Pour over peanuts. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut into scant 1-1/4-in. squares. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Nut Squares
Sort By :
"Yummy but very gooey and sticky. It took a long time to get the marshmallows to melt and I had to the pan back on low heat. Not sure if that made them come out sticky and gooey. Next time I might try using marshmallow crème vs the mini marshmallows. Thanks for sharing, a quick and easy recipe."
"I have peanut butter on the shelf, but not chips. Can I use that instead?"
"These are divine! They taste a lot like a Payday candy bar. I have made them twice now for gatherings and have gotten rave reviews. I leave the stove on very low when I add the SCM and marshmallows and stir continually until melted. This seems to speed up the melting process. Definitely a recipe I will be making often. Thanks!"
"This worked better with 3 cups mini marshmallows and be sure to use the large Virginia peanuts because they don't work well."
"Yummy but very gooey. Hard to eat out of hand, a fork works better. It took a long time to get the marshmallows to melt and I had to the pan back on low heat, so maybe that's what went wrong? May try again with half the filling ingredients. But - it was yummy!"