Salted Dark Chocolate Tart Recipe
When I was little, my grandpa always had a bag of caramels in his truck and a few in his pocket. Whether we were camping or going to a movie I always enjoyed sharing caramels with him. Now I try to put caramel in as many of my desserts as possible, including this sweet-and-salty tart. —Leah Tackitt, Austin, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon large-crystal sea salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For caramel, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar is melted and mixture is almost clear (do not boil).
- 3. Increase heat to medium high; bring to a boil, without stirring. Cover and boil for 2 minutes, tightly hold lid of pan down. Uncover; shake pan. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until mixture is amber, shaking pan several times.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in cream (mixture will bubble) until smooth. Stir in butter (mixture will bubble) and salt until blended. Pour into crust; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 5. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 6. Pour over caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator about 45 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 552 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Salted Dark Chocolate Tart
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC