Salted Caramel Fudge Drops
These cookies, which start with a mix, are unbelievably decadent! I like to use caramel-filled Dove chocolates. It’s nice dough to make ahead, roll into balls and freeze for up to 3 months. Then just bake the cookies as you need them. —Carole Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 caramel-filled chocolate candies
- Coarsely ground sea salt
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave; stir until
- smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, egg,
- milk, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Press a
- candy into the center of each cookie. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool
- completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Cookies can be stored for 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature.