Salted Caramel Fudge Drops Recipe
These cookies, which start with a mix, are unbelievably decadent! I like to use caramel-filled Dove chocolates. It’s nice dough to make ahead, roll into balls and freeze for up to 3 months. Then just bake the cookies as you need them. —Carole Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 caramel-filled chocolate candies
- Coarsely ground sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat cookie mix, egg, milk, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Press a candy into the center of each cookie. Let stand 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC