Salted Caramel Fudge Drops Recipe
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 caramel-filled chocolate candies
- Coarsely ground sea salt
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, egg, milk, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Press a candy into the center of each cookie. Let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Caramel Fudge Drops(12)
Sort By :
Good flavor, but no nice round balls like the picture. Cookies spread out way too thin and the candy wouldn't even go in. Baked them in the little cupcake papers instead but they stuck to the paper. Flavor OK, but sure don't turn out pretty like the picture. Even refrigerated the dough overnight - same result.
These are delicious! I am adding them to my Christmas cookie plates this year! Made as directed and although mine were slightly thinner, they looked perfect with the Dove chocolate caramels as suggested.
My cookies also spread out thinner than I was expecting, but that did not keep them from being incredibly delicious! I subbed semisweet chocolate for the unsweetened, and kosher salt instead of sea salt. I found them to be the tastiest with a heavier sprinkle of salt than the pic shows. We couldn't stop eating these.
This was a disaster! The cookies baked up big and thin, so when I put the candies in they soaked through and broke all apart when I tried to transfer them. So...second batch, I put the bater in paper cups in my mini muffin tin. Results? Perfect! Looks just like the picture! So my final assessment is, good recipe, lousy directions.
These are thebomb.com. My Thanksgiving guests LOVED them. I am making them again to take to a cookie swap this weekend. Thanks for a great recipe! (I use the caramel Dove chocolates, too.)
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fudge Cookies >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >