Salted Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
To help balance the sweetness of the brown sugar cupcake, we created a unique salty frosting. It's the best of both worlds! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar begins to melt. Gently pull melted sugar to center of pan until sugar melts evenly. Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns an amber color.
- 4. Remove from heat; gradually stir in cream until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Beat until stiff peaks form. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Salted Caramel Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC