- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and salt. Cook over
- medium-low heat until sugar begins to melt. Gently pull melted sugar
- to center of pan until sugar melts evenly. Cook, without stirring,
- until mixture turns an amber color.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in cream until smooth. Transfer to a
- small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Beat until stiff
- peaks form. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.