When I brought these salty sweet cookies to a potluck, I overheard people talking about how wonderful they were. I'm not sure if it was the cookie, the caramel or the chocolate that they loved best.—Priscilla Yee, Concord, CA
Featured In: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 36 caramels
- 36 pecan halves, toasted
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix and flour. Beat in butter and egg until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in each cup. Press one caramel into the filling in each cup. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown and caramel is melted. Sprinkle with sea salt; top with a pecan half. Cool completely in pan on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookie Cups in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p31
Reviews for Salted Caramel Cookie Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2016
"These look good but I have a few questions: Can they be made the day before needed and stored in the refrigerator. How well do they freeze?? The one star is because I'm asking questions."