Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Figs
Here’s a special appetizer that won’t last long! Fruit, caramel and rich dark chocolate add a sweet touch to this grown-up dipped fruit. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing
- 12 large toothpicks
- 12 dried figs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- Coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Insert a toothpick into each fig. Make a 1/2-in. cut on the side of
- each fig. Combine the cheese, honey and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in
- a corner of bag. Pipe cheese mixture into figs.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each
- fig into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand
- until set.
- Place almonds in a small shallow bowl. Dip bottom third of each fig
- into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip into almonds