Myrta Sweet of Wildwood, Florida keeps this nicely flavored blend in a salt shaker on the back of her stove. "I use a teaspoon of it in almost everything I cook, from meat loaf to stew," Myrta comments. It's perfect for people on restricted diets as well as those who are simply cutting back on salt.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Use to season pork, chicken
- or fish. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 teaspoon equals 1 calorie, trace sodium, trace cholesterol, trace carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: Free.