Salt-Free Seasoning Mix
"We're on a low-salt diet, and this seasoning blend perks up everything," writes Burva Cadwell of Cheyenne, Wyoming. "We especially like it on chicken and pork."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, parsley flakes, thyme and savory
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, crush the basil, marjoram, parsley, thyme and
- savory. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 1/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 teaspoon) equals 3 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.