Salt-Free Seafood Seasoning
Why buy seafood seasoning when you can easily assemble this tasty blend? Use it in all your favorite seafood recipes...from steaming shrimp to making crab cakes.—avidcook, TOH Online Community
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cardamom pods
- 6 bay leaves
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods; place in a blender. Add remaining
- ingredients; cover and process 1-2 minutes or until crushed. Store
- in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 1 year. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 teaspoon equals 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.