Salt & Pepper Caramel Cups Recipe
With sea salt and pink peppercorns, these sophisticated treats will wow your guests. The festive little cups look and taste like they came from a pricey confectionery. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE CUPS:
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Coarse sea salt and whole pink peppercorns
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 minutes longer without stirring.
- 2. Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely, about 1-1/2 hours (mixture will thicken upon cooling).
- 3. For cups, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, evenly coat the inside of thirty 2-in. foil liners with chocolate. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Repeat twice to coat three times, reheating melted chocolate as necessary.
- 4. Remove chocolate cups from liners; fill each with about 2 tablespoons caramel. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate; sprinkle with salt and peppercorns. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (calculated without salt): 285 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Salt & Pepper Caramel Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC