- medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball
- stage). Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Immediately
- pour into prepared pan; let cool 1-2 hours (caramel will thicken but
- still be scoopable).
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Spoon caramel into
- chocolate cups. Drizzle with melted chocolate; sprinkle with salt
- and peppercorns. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 285 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.