- medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball
- stage). Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Quickly
- pour into prepared pan; cool for 1-2 hours or until set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Spoon caramel into
- chocolate cups. Drizzle with melted chocolate; sprinkle with salt
- and peppercorns. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 285 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.