Salt & Pepper Caramel Cups Recipe
With sea salt and pink peppercorns, these sophisticated treats from our Test Kitchen will wow your guests. The festive little cups look and taste like they came from a pricey confectionery.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE CUPS:
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Coarse sea salt and whole pink peppercorns
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 minutes longer without stirring.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely, about 1-1/2 hours (mixture will thicken upon cooling).
- For cups, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, evenly coat the inside of thirty 2-in. foil liners with chocolate. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Repeat twice to coat three times, reheating melted chocolate as necessary.
- Remove chocolate cups from liners; fill each with about 2 tablespoons caramel. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate; sprinkle with salt and peppercorns. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Salt & Pepper Caramel Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p69
Reviews for Salt & Pepper Caramel Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Caramel Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >