A little know vegetable, salsify, is what makes this savory soup so delicious. It is great on a cool day with a slice of homemade bread.Louise Stinson, Plymouth, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups peeled and cubed salsify
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the salsify and water to a boil over medium
- heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until
- tender. Stir in cream, butter, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 4
- minutes or until butter is melted and cream is heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was not tested by our staff home economists.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 260 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.