This salsa is fresh and creamy. It's great as a chip dip or as a topper for tacos and other Mexican dishes. You can adjust the spiciness to your liking. —Nanette Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and tomatillos in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Salsa Verde in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Salsa Verde
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review