Salsa Verde Recipe
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and tomatillos in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Reviews for Salsa Verde
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.