- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
i absolutely love this recipe. Ive made several versions to accomodate family members with allergies, and i haven't found one that i didn't like.!!!
Family loves this recipe. I really like the fact that it is so versatile. I've made it several times and tried some of the suggestions of reviewers, as well as creating my own versions. I prefer fresh tomatoes to canned, but drained canned diced tomatoes with chili's is great when in a hurry.Great recipe.
My husband turned his nose up while I was preparing it but ate a second helping after it was made so I would say its a hit!
This dish is not only easy to prepare but delicious as well. Both my husband and I loved it and we will be having it again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.
The family enjoyed this, was simple to make and very flavorful. I made it a couple days ahead which I would not necessarily recommend unless you like things a little more doughy (hubby liked, daughter did not). Would be great with seafood instead of chicken, too. Reminds me of one of my favorite dishes from a Mexican joint...
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >