- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
This was good. I used flour tortillas and cut them into 1/4. My family didn't rave about this recipe but they liked it.
Excellent! Not too spicy, so 6 year old loved it. Used flour tortillas because didn't have corn tortillas on hand. Tore then into pieces per prior reviews.
i absolutely love this recipe. Ive made several versions to accomodate family members with allergies, and i haven't found one that i didn't like.!!!
Family loves this recipe. I really like the fact that it is so versatile. I've made it several times and tried some of the suggestions of reviewers, as well as creating my own versions. I prefer fresh tomatoes to canned, but drained canned diced tomatoes with chili's is great when in a hurry.Great recipe.
My husband turned his nose up while I was preparing it but ate a second helping after it was made so I would say its a hit!