Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
This is a rich and surprisingly tasty rendition of all the Tex-Mex dishes molded into one packed, beautiful casserole. Best of all, it’s ready in no time! —Janet McCormick, Proctorville, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with
- the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers
- with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.