Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole Recipe
This is a rich and surprisingly tasty rendition of all the Tex-Mex dishes molded into one packed, beautiful casserole. Best of all, it’s ready in no time! —Janet McCormick, Proctorville, Ohio
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- 2. Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC