- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and tomatillos in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Salsa Verde
Sort By :
Will make again!
It tastes great, it's easy to make, and it keeps for a while! It's good with chips, tacos, and burritos.
I haven't had green salsa before so I'm no expert on how it should taste. This was a good accompaniment to our tamales but I don't know that I'll go out of my way to make it again. Not too hot. Makes a lot.