Salsa Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, salsa and pepper. Stir in the tuna, corn and green pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 122 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 vegetable.
Reviews for Salsa Tuna Salad
"To make it creamier, I substituded 1/4 c low-fat mayo for 1/4 c of the yogurt. Very tasty. I put it on a whole-grain bread with lettuce and tomato to make a gereat sandwich."