Salsa Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, salsa and pepper. Stir in the tuna, corn and green pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup (prepared with low-sodium tuna) equals 122 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.