Salsa Tossed Salad
Salsa and ranch dressing give Mexican flair to a mixture of green and vegetables.—Sherry Lee, Shelby, Alabama
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss greens, tomato, yellow pepper and onion.
- Combine salsa and salad dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with chips if desired and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing and reduced-fat cheddar cheese and without corn chips) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 meat.