Salsa Tossed Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, toss greens, tomato, yellow pepper and onion. Combine salsa and salad dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chips if desired and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing and reduced-fat cheddar cheese and without corn chips) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Salsa Tossed Salad
"Love this simple salad, it's always a hit at parties. The ranch/salsa dressing is perfect along with the crunch of the chips."