Salsa and ranch dressing give Mexican flair to a mixture of green and vegetables.—Sherry Lee, Shelby, Alabama
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss greens, tomato, yellow pepper and onion. Combine salsa and salad dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chips if desired and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p21
Reviews for Salsa Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
"Love this simple salad, it's always a hit at parties. The ranch/salsa dressing is perfect along with the crunch of the chips."