In Fredonia, New York, Joann Woloszyn relies on refrigerated crescent rolls to makes these crisp Southwestern appetizers. "Choose mild, medium or hot salsa to suit your taste," Joann suggests.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets. Spread mustard and salsa on each rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut each into four strips; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Salsa Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review