Salsa Squash Recipe
"You can't beat this combination of sweet squash, zippy salsa and eye-catching orange color for a deliciously different and fun side dish," assures Marilyn Young of Riverside, Ohio.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place squash in a steamer basket over water. Reduce heat; cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the salsa, salt and squash cubes. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with the remaining squash mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Squash in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p11
Reviews for Salsa Squash(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >