Salsa Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1. Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in salsa, beans and cilantro; heat through. Gently stir in avocado; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve squash topped with salsa mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 308 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 16g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Salsa Spaghetti Squash
"Love this dish!! Quick and easy, and stores in the fridge surprisingly well. I add a little cheese on top, being careful to not make it too salty! Yum!"
"So very tasty and fast to prepare. Next time I will use home made salsa to reduce the salt as store bought salsa has far too much salt. The avocado is such a nice added touch."