- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in salsa, beans and cilantro; heat through. Gently stir in avocado; cook 1 minute longer.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve squash topped with salsa mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Salsa Spaghetti Squash
"Very easy. I also added chopped zucchini since I had one to use up."
"Love this dish!! quick and easy, and stores in the fridge surprisingly well. I add a little cheese on top, being careful to not make it too salty! Yum!"
"So very tasty and fast to prepare. Next time I will use home made salsa to reduce the salt as store bought salsa has far too much salt. The avocado is such a nice added touch."