- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in salsa, beans and cilantro; heat through. Gently stir in avocado; cook 1 minute longer.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve squash topped with salsa mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Spaghetti Squash in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p63
Reviews for Salsa Spaghetti Squash(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
So very tasty and fast to prepare. Next time I will use home made salsa to reduce the salt as store bought salsa has far too much salt. The avocado is such a nice added touch.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >