Salsa Sloppy Joes
I was looking for a way to spice up my already quick-and-easy sloppy joe recipe. So I decided to add a little salsa. Everyone who's tried this recipe really likes the results.
16-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 16 to 20 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and sloppy joe sauce; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Spoon about
- 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.