Salsa Skillet Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- 2. Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup corn mixture equals 366 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.