Salsa Skillet Pork Chops
There's nothing better than turning out a super-quick skillet supper that totally delivers on a meal that'll please the whole family on a busy weeknight. It's a keeper. — Deanna Ellett, Boynton Beach, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on
- both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer
- inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup corn mixture equals 366 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white