- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Salsa Skillet Pork Chops
"I serve the pork Chop over white rice and it is so good. My family loves it."
"I had chicken breasts on hand so I used them. It was a very good recipe and I had everything I needed on hand!"
"A great weeknight meal! quick and healthful, with great taste and bright flavors. My only addition to the recipe is to brine the chops 6-8 hrs. ahead of time (to tenderize them), and to add some sliced scallions on top, just before serving."
"I used frozen corn. was super easy and tasty :)"
"This was quite tasty and colorful. I like cumin so I would add a touch more than the recipe calls for. In addition to the salad, I also served with pineapple tidbits. Everyone cleaned their plate."