- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Skillet Pork Chops
Sort By :
I serve the Pork Chop over white rice and it is so good. My family loves it.
Great flavor. I will be trying this same recipe but using chicken instead of pork to switch things up. This was also very easy to put together.
I had chicken breasts on hand so I used them. It was a very good recipe and I had everything I needed on hand!
Very Tasty dish. Somethng different than just a plain pork chop. My family loves veggies so I did add tomatoes, onions, garlic and peppers. I grilled the pork chops first and finished them off in the sauce. Some fresh cilantro at the end really made the dish.
A great weeknight meal! Quick and healthful, with great taste and bright flavors. My only addition to the recipe is to brine the chops 6-8 hrs. ahead of time (to tenderize them), and to add some sliced scallions on top, just before serving.