- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Skillet Pork Chops
Sort By :
"I serve the Pork Chop over white rice and it is so good. My family loves it."
"Great flavor. I will be trying this same recipe but using chicken instead of pork to switch things up. This was also very easy to put together."
"I had chicken breasts on hand so I used them. It was a very good recipe and I had everything I needed on hand!"
"Very Tasty dish. Somethng different than just a plain pork chop. My family loves veggies so I did add tomatoes, onions, garlic and peppers. I grilled the pork chops first and finished them off in the sauce. Some fresh cilantro at the end really made the dish."
"A great weeknight meal! Quick and healthful, with great taste and bright flavors. My only addition to the recipe is to brine the chops 6-8 hrs. ahead of time (to tenderize them), and to add some sliced scallions on top, just before serving."