Salsa Sausage Quiche Recipe
A prepared pastry crust hurries along the assembly of this hearty appetizer from Dorothy Sorensen of Naples, Florida. "Served with sour cream and additional salsa, it's a party favorite in our retirement community," she notes. "If you're feeding a crowd, bring two--they disappear fast!"
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to the pastry shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 344 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC