Salsa Sausage Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to the pastry shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 344 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Salsa Sausage Quiche
"I served this with a salad for a meal. It was very good. Something I will make again and again!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.