A prepared pastry crust hurries along the assembly of this hearty appetizer from Dorothy Sorensen of Naples, Florida. "Served with sour cream and additional salsa, it's a party favorite in our retirement community," she notes. "If you're feeding a crowd, bring two--they disappear fast!"
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to the pastry shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Sausage Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p15
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa Sausage Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review