Salsa Red Beans 'n' Rice Recipe
Diane Harrison of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania up this quick side dish using canned kidney beans, brown rice and salsa. It's an ideal accompaniment to Mexican-style entrees but can also be served as a meatless main dish for a light meal. "This is a family favorite," relates Diane.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onions and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, salsa, beans and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 222 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Salsa Red Beans 'n' Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC