Salsa Potato Salad Recipe
"Summer is a great time for potato salad but making it with regular mayonnaise adds too much fat," writes Janet Lewis of Bangor, Pennsylvania. "Salsa perks up this version and disguises the fact that it uses fat-free items."
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups cubed cooked unpeeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa and parsley. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
1/2 cup equals 101 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC