Salsa Pinto Beans
This is a zippy alternative to refried beans. This easy side dish is so homey and hearty. Sometimes I top it off with a sprinkling of shredded cheese or a dollop of sour cream.—Lorna Nault, Chesterton, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- In a large skillet or saucepan, saute onion and cilantro in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the beans and
- salsa; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 96 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.