Salsa Pasta 'n' Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and yellow pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender.
- 2. Stir in the beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into bean mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 370 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Salsa Pasta 'n' Beans
"I found this to be really lacking flavor, bland and boring."
"A family favorite for sure!"
"We love this recipe! I often make it as a main dish since it has beans in it. Sometimes I use kidney or pinto beans instead of red beans, and sometimes I leave out the cilantro if I don't have any on hand."