- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and yellow pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into bean mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Salsa Pasta 'n' Beans
Sort By :
"I found this to be really lacking flavor, bland and boring."
"A family favorite for sure!"
"We love this recipe! I often make it as a main dish since it has beans in it. Sometimes I use kidney or pinto beans instead of red beans, and sometimes I leave out the cilantro if I don't have any on hand."