Salsa Orange Chicken Skillet
“This is an easy, festive meal to serve for any occasion. Its taste and appearance are sure to impress.” Especially since this dish only has 6 g of fat per serving! Nancy Daugherty - Cortland, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over
- medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar and allspice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice equals 397 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.