“This is an easy, festive meal to serve for any occasion. Its taste and appearance are sure to impress.” Especially since this dish only has 6 g of fat per serving! Nancy Daugherty - Cortland, Ohio
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Orange Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review