- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Orange Chicken Skillet
Sort By :
Super easy and everyone likes it. I make it as is except for doubling it for a family of four. Great with pot stickers.
This tasted a lot like the Orange chicken from a Chinese restaurant. Didn't miss the fried meat in it. I used leftover pork tenderloin with with the chicken. That was good also. Will definitely make this again. Very easy.
Great way to reinvent Chicken and Rice Left-overs. Rave reviews and I had the key ingrediants right in my fridge. I used this to spice up my grilled chix left overs so I added already grilled chix to the skillet and added the Salsa recipe. Scooped it ontop of nuked left over rice pilaf and tada! Chix Salsa! Delish!
I made the recipe as is, but the chicken had not absorbed any of the wonderful flavor of the sauce after the 2 minutes of cooking, so I covered the pan and simmered it for about 45 minutes. It really made a difference. The longer cooking time allowed the flavors to marry. I did add a little salt to the recipe. You could also top it with chopped green onions along with the cilantro. Such a simple recipe.
I loved the unusual combination in the sauce, but felt it was a bit too sweet. Next time I will either cut the marmalade or the brown sugar a bit.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >