- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Orange Chicken Skillet
Sort By :
"Easy to make, and really good flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"made this as is, and it was good. It was sweet, and you do need to cook longer than 2 minutes if you want a thicker sauce."
"Super easy and everyone likes it. I make it as is except for doubling it for a family of four. Great with pot stickers."
"This tasted a lot like the Orange chicken from a Chinese restaurant. Didn't miss the fried meat in it. I used leftover pork tenderloin with with the chicken. That was good also. Will definitely make this again. Very easy."
"Great way to reinvent Chicken and Rice Left-overs. Rave reviews and I had the key ingrediants right in my fridge. I used this to spice up my grilled chix left overs so I added already grilled chix to the skillet and added the Salsa recipe. Scooped it ontop of nuked left over rice pilaf and tada! Chix Salsa! Delish!"