Lauren Heyn of Oak Creek, Wisconsin notes, "I've never tasted better guacamole than this. If there's time, I make homemade tortilla chips by frying 1-inch strips of flour tortillas in oil and salting them."
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 small ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice. Stir in the salsa, onions,
- salt and garlic powder. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (prepared with salt-free seasoning blend; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 10 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free Food.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now