Salsa Guacamole Recipe
- 6 small ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice. Stir in the salsa, onions, salt and garlic powder. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons (prepared with salt-free seasoning blend; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 10 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free Food.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.