Lauren Heyn of Oak Creek, Wisconsin notes, "I've never tasted better guacamole than this. If there's time, I make homemade tortilla chips by frying 1-inch strips of flour tortillas in oil and salting them."
- 6 small ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice. Stir in the salsa, onions, salt and garlic powder. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Salsa Guacamole in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Salsa Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review