Salsa Green Beans
This simple treatment is a wonderful way of dressing up green beans. Maybe the reason I really enjoy this vegetable is because Mom has been fixing it this way since I was a little girl.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; bring to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- Drain beans. Add the tomatoes, salsa, garlic, salt and onions; heat
- through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.