When planning your next fiesta, look no further than this hearty, pretty salsa. Succulently seasoned with coriander, cumin, garlic and cilantro, your crowd will definitely say, "Ole!" —Betsy Sams, Jamesville, New York
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- Place two undrained cans of tomatoes in a large bowl; drain the two remaining cans and add tomatoes to the bowl.
- Stir in the chopped fresh tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and seasonings. Stir in jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 56 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Salsa for a Crowd in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Salsa for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review