"My family loves outdoor activities, especially fishing," informs Diane Grajewski of North Branch, Michigan. "I give their catch of the day unexpected zip with salsa. It dresses up these golden crumb-coated fillets and keeps them moist and tender."
- 2 pounds fish fillets (walleye, bass or perch)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Coat fish fillets in bread crumbs. In a skillet, brown fillets in oil. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Fish in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review