Salsa Fish Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound halibut steaks or other firm whitefish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry halibut in 2 teaspoons hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, cumin and remaining oil to the pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return fish to the pan. Add salsa; heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.