- 1 pound halibut steaks or other firm whitefish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry halibut in 2 teaspoons hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- Add the yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, cumin and remaining oil to the pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return fish to the pan. Add salsa; heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salsa Fish Skillet
Sort By :
"I wasn't sure about the combination of flavors, but just made this for lunch and it was very good. Not only was it on the healthier side of things, it came together really fast. My husband loved it especially. I love finding recipes that use zucchini and squash (which always seem in abundance around here) and am definately adding this to my roster. The only substitution that was made was that I used cod instead of halibut."