These spicy and crispy breaded fish fillets are delicious on their own, but when topped with a tangy salsa mixture, they take on a whole new flavor profile. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Fish Recipes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and salsa; spread over bun bottoms. Top with cod, tomato and cilantro; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p56
Reviews forSalsa Fish Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review