These spicy and crispy breaded fish fillets are delicious on their own, but when topped with a tangy salsa mixture, they take on a whole new flavor profile. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and salsa; spread over bun bottoms. Top with cod, tomato and cilantro; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p56
Reviews for Salsa Fish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review