This recipe is super with fresh or canned corn. I whip up these patties to serve alongside nachos or tacos on hot summer evenings. The salsa is subtle but adds flavor. -Lisa Boettcher, Rosebush, Michigan
Featured In: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Salsa Corn Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p25
Reviews forSalsa Corn Cakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2014
"I've made a lot of corn cakes in my life time but these are the first that I really enjoyed a lot. They are light and creamy. I would make a double batch as they go fast!"